The recovery menu / safe mode on the PS Vita can be useful to fix various errors that could occur on your console, or recovery from crashes. We have a simple guide on how to access the recovery menu manually, and what each of the options do.
If you’ve had a PlayStation Vita for a while, you’ve probably come across (or probably will in the future) the flashing blue light error that can occur on the portable console. The blue light on the PS Button continues to flash and prevents you from turning on the system.
Have you seen the game NPEZ00383 using PlayStation Vita’s Near application? The un-named game is actually the Minis title Velocity. The PlayStation Vita doesn’t display the name correctly until you have downloaded and played the game yourself.
Even the PlayStation Store link under “Launch Application” doesn’t redirect you to the correct place in the Store.
The PS Vita’s Internet Browser can be identified as:
Mozilla/5.0 (Playstation Vita x.xx) AppleWebKit/531.22.8 (KHTML, like Gecko) Silk/3.2
For example, if you are running Firmware 1.61, your PS Vita user agent will look like:
Mozilla/5.0 (Playstation Vita 1.61) AppleWebKit/531.22.8 (KHTML, like Gecko) Silk/3.2
PS Vita memory cards are available in three sizes and will be priced at the following:
- 4Gb Memory Card – €19.99/£17.99/$26.95 AUD/$34.95 NZD
- 8Gb Memory Card – €34.99/£31.99/$44.95 AUD/$59.95 NZD
- 16Gb Memory Card – €49.99/£44.99/$64.95 AUD/$84.95 NZD
Advanced portable entertainment system
- A high performance CPU / GPU combined with OLED enables rich, visually striking graphics never seen before on a portable entertainment system. PS Vita also adopts the Super Oval Design form factor, which fits comfortably in users’ hands.
Revolutionary User Interface
- A unique multi-touch pad on the rear, with the front touch display. Two cameras on it’s front and rear, as well as three motion sensors, gyroscope, accelerometer, and electronic compass.
- Every game title for PS Vita will be provided with a space called “LiveArea” where users can share the fun and excitement with other players.
- SCE will provide location-based services on PS Vita as part of the basic features utilizing PlayStation Network. The new application called “Near,” developed specifically for this service and the network, will be pre-installed in the system.
Wi-Fi and 3G network connectivity
- PS Vita is equipped with 3G in addition to Wi-Fi.
Closely coordinated with PlayStation Suite
- The newly developed and released game content for Android based portable devices can also be enjoyed on PS Vita.
No. Due to the rear touch pad, the PS Vita uses a embedded battery.
No, PS Vita does not have a video output feature.