The next PS Vita System Software Update (v1.65) will be released soon and will include a number of minor enhancements to the portable console. Unfortunately, PSOne compatibility is still missing as are other needed improvements to the system. Check out the changelog below.
- You can now disable the notification alert messages that indicate when friends sign in, messages are received and other activities. To disable these alerts, got to [Settings] > [Sound & Display] > check/uncheck [Notification Alerts]. Additionally, Notification alerts will now display for five seconds instead of three seconds
- ‘After 10 Minutes’ has been added as an option in [Power Save Settings] > [Auto Standby]
- An arrow will indicate when new activities are available in LiveArea
- Caps Lock is now supported by the on-screen keyboard. Simply double-tap the Shift key to enable it
Don’t forget: there are several ways to update the firmware on your PS Vita:
- Select “System Update” under the “Settings” menu and download the firmware directly to your PS Vita over Wi-Fi.
- Connect your PS Vita to a PS3 or a PC/Mac and update via Content Manager.