If you don’t own a 3G PlayStation Vita, you can still game on the go using an Android mobile or iPhone. The Android is the best option as internet tethering is standard on the latest phones, while iPhone users will be charged extra to enable tethering. All you need to do is enable Wi-Fi tethering on your device and connect to the hotspot using your PS Vita.
What You Need:
- PS Vita (Wifi or 3G version, I used a 3G version with an expired data plan)
- Android Mobile or iPhone (I used a Samsung Galaxy Nexus)
- Enable the Wifi hotspot on your chosen device and setup security if needed.
- On the PS Vita, to to [Settings] > Network > [Wi-fi Settings] and wait for the scan to complete
- Select your Wi-fi network as setup in Step 1 and enter the password if required
- Once connected, go back to the [Network] menu and run the [Internet Connection Test] to see if you can access the Internet and PlayStation Network
- Enjoy gaming on the go!