A new major firmware update for the PS Vita has been released, updating the system software to v3.50. The new update adds new accessibility options, and improved Remote Play functionality with the PS4, but it also removes the Maps application, and related functionality from the near application. The complete changelog is included below.
- “PSN” has been renamed as “PlayStation™Network”.
- You can now adjust the smoothness of video for Remote Play. Select (PS4 Link) > [Start] > (Options) > [Settings] > [Video Quality for Remote Play] > [Frame Rate]. If you select [High], you will not be able to record gameplay on the PS4™ system while using Remote Play.
- Performance of the scene search feature has been improved.
- The playback speed for video in 1080 resolution can now be adjusted to 1.5x.
- [Maps] has been removed from the PS Vita system software.
- Features related to (Maps) that display addresses and maps have been removed.
- [Accessibility] has been added.
- Settings such as zooming, inverted colors, adjusting text size and shape, and closed captions have been added for ease of use.
- The [Chat] setting under [PlayStation™Network] > [Sub Account Management] has been renamed as [Chat/User-Generated Media].
- You can now restrict sub account users from sending and receiving (Messages from other players) in (Messages). To restrict use, select [Do Not Allow] in [PlayStation™Network] > [Sub Account Management] > [Chat/User-Generated Media].