The PS Vita’s firmware has been updated to version 2.10, adding many improvements and new features to the system. The firmware update adds HTML5 video compatibility to the Browser, and allows your home screen icons to be grouped into Folders, supporting up to 10 apps per folder. Improvements to other apps have also been made, including Email, Group Messaging and the Content Manager.
- You can now manage icons on the home screen in folders. Read our guide to find out how.
- An icon now appears on the info bar when a PS Vita card is inserted.
- The layout of the home screen can now be saved on a memory card.
- You can now watch streaming videos on a web page. To watch streaming videos, a memory card must be inserted in your PS Vita system.
- Email messages in HTML format can now be displayed. Get tips on how to browse emails here.
- Up to five email addresses can now be added to a single contact. Find out how to send an email to multiple contacts now.
- [Body] and [All] have been added as search targets for email messages.
- When you tap [Other] to add an email account, the information you add has been simplified.
- Folder assignments of email accounts supporting IMAP have been improved.
- All contacts can now be deleted at once. You can delete the contact list after tapping Options > [Settings] > [Format Email Application Database] to delete the account.
- [Mute Automatically] has been added under [Sound & Display] as an option. When this setting is turned on and headphones are disconnected from the headset jack, audio from the PS Vita system’s speakers is automatically muted. To restore the original volume, press the VOL + button or the VOL – button. When listening to music under Music, tap [Play].
- The number of applications you can control using the buttons on the PS Vita system has been increased.
- [Use Wi-Fi in Power Save Mode] has been added under [Power Save Settings] as an option.
- [Disconnect Wi-Fi Connection Automatically] under [Network] > [Wi-Fi Settings] has been removed.
- Update files for your purchased PlayStation Mobile format software can now be automatically downloaded. To use this feature, a subscription to PlayStation Plus is necessary. Tap the Settings > [Start] > [PlayStation®Network] > [Automatic Update Settings] > [Update Automatically] checkbox to set a checkmark. A connection to the Internet using a Wi-Fi connection might be required to automatically update.
- When reporting content purchased from PlayStation Mobile as inappropriate, details can now be included.
- Multiple contacts can now be selected at once when a new message is created. Contacts can be selected from [Friends] and [Party].
- Still images can now be displayed in high resolution when enlarged.
- You can now upload or download saved data for games to Online Storage using a mobile network. To use this feature, a subscription to PlayStation Plus is necessary.
- When you copy PS Vita format software from a PS3 system, you can now check whether update data is available and automatically download it. The system software of the PS3 system must be version 4.40 or later.
- You can now add a name to PS Vita system backup data when saving it to a PS3 system or a computer (Windows®/Mac). The system software of the PS3 system must be version 4.40 or later and the Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation on your computer must be updated.