PS Vita Firmware v2.00 is a massive update for the console adding many new features and improving existing functionality. The biggest change in the addition of PlayStation Plus to the console, adding automatic downloading of updates, cloud storage for gamesave data and the Instant Game Collection. The Web Browser has also been updated, along with many of the other applications.
- PlayStation Plus is now supported.
- The “near” application has been redesigned to improve its usability.
- The display speed of Web pages has been improved.
- You can now use a pointer to open links.
- You can now tweet the currently displayed page.
- You can now open the browser without pausing playing a game.
- Usability has been improved.
- You can now trasfer data by connecting to a computer using Wi-Fi on the PS Vita system.
- You can now copy an entire folder of photos and video to your PS Vita system from your PS3™ system or your computer.
- You can now display weather information on the map for areas where it is available.
- The Email application has been added. You can start the application from the home screen.
- You can now set how you will be notified separately for each application and feature.
- The number of applications you can control using the buttons on the PS Vita system has been increased.
- [Disconnect Wi-Fi Connection Automatically] has been added as a feature under [Network] > [Wi-Fi Settings].
- [Avatar], [Panel], [Online ID], [About Me] and [My Languages] under [PlayStation®Network] > [Account Information] have been moved to the newly added category [Profile].
- [Twitter] has been added as a feature under [PlayStation®Network].
- Turkish has been added as an option under [Language] > [System Language] and [Language] > [Input Languages] > [Keyboards / Add Terms].
- [PlayStation®Mobile] has been added as a feature under [System].
- [Assign Touchscreen] and [Assign Rear Touch Pad] have been added as features to [Controller Settings] in the PlayStation® (PS one Classic) format software menu.
- [Custom] has been added as an option under [Other Settings] > [Screen Mode] in the PlayStation® (PS one Classic) format software menu.
- You can now delete screenshots or songs created in PSP™Game software.
- You can now display activities on the LiveArea™ screen for Friends. The LiveArea™ screen is displayed by flicking the screen up to let you communicate in real time with your friends.
- You can now write a comment to send with a friend request.
- You can now report an inappropriate message when you receive one with a friend request.
- Tap Options > [Submit Grief Report] on the profile screen to report.
- More varieties of file formats (TIFF, BMP, GIF, PNG and MPO) are now supported as attachments to messages.
- When trophy information is automatically synchronized with PlayStation®Network servers, it is now synchronized in the background. You can perform other operations during the synchronization.
- You can now play a video with 1080 resolution.
- You can now play the video in slow motion.
- You can now skip chapters.
- Screenshots are now saved in the background. You can perform other operations while saving the screenshot.
- In the lists under Music and Videos, you can now scroll and display truncated title names to view the whole text.